The 4 Quls are known as protecting Surahs. Surah Al-Kafiroun and Al-Ikhlas protect from shirk. Surahs Al-Falaq and An-Naas protect from mischief of created things, envy, magic and the whisperings of the shaitaan. … Hence the four Surahs are collectively called as ‘the four quls‘.
What are the 4 QULS?
Qul Al-Nas, Qul Al-Falaq, Qul Al-Ikhlas and Qul Al-Kafiroun. Together they are commonly referred to as the four Quls
What are the 3 QULS?
The ‘Three Quls‘ are the last three chapters (Surahs) in the Qur’an. They are commonly known as: 112.”Qul huwaAllāhuAḥad” (Sūrah Al-Ikhlāṣ) 113.”Qul A’ūdhubirabbi al-falaq” (Sūrah Al-Falaq) 114.”Qul A’ūdhubirabbi al-nās” (Sūrah Al-Nās)
How many QULS are there in Quran?
There are 5 Surah in Holy Quran which start with the word Qul.
Importance: Surah Al-Kafiroon is equivalent to a quarter of the Quran or we can say its reward is equivalent to reciting quarter of the Quran. This Surah gives a message to the Muslims that they should stick to their religion and not follow anyone else’s and those who deny them they should be left to their own religion.
- The Prophet (SAW) said, “Recite Surah Al- Kafiroon and then go to sleep after coming to its end, for it is a clearance from shirk”. (Abu Dawud 4396)
- If a person dies after reciting this Surah, it is as if he has died as a martyr.
- Recitation of this Surah before sleeping keeps one safe the whole night.
Importance: Recitation of this Surah directs the believers to start their prayers with addressing the Almighty Allah with a belief that He will guard them against all the wicked forces of black magic, evil eye and spirits etc.
- The Prophet (PBUH) used to seek refuge from the jinn as well as from the evil eye until Surah al Falaq and An Naas were revealed. When they were sent down, he utilized them and left other things. (Tirmidhi 1984 )
Importance: Surah Naas teaches a dua to seek refuge in Allah from all the attacks which come from inner self, and to seek refuge in Shaytan who wants to arouse in ourselves doubts and desires which might destroy our belief in Allah Almighty.
- Imam Jafar as-Sadiq (RA) said that whoever recites this Surah in his house every night, will be kept safe from Jinnaat and the evil designs of Shaytan.
Chapter 113 – Surah Al-Falaq( Dawn )
Qul ‘A’udhu Bi-Rabbil-Falaq
Min Sharri Ma Khalaq
Wa Min SharriGhasiqin ‘IdhaWaqab
Wa Min Sharri-Naffathati Fil-‘Uqadi
Wa Min SharriHasidin ‘IdhaHasad “
” Say : I seek refuge with ( Allah ) the Lord of the daybreak, From the evil of what He has created; And from the evil of the darkening ( night ) as it comes with its darkness; ( or the moon as it sets or goes away ). And from the evil of the witchcrafts when they blow in the knots, And from the evil of the envier when he envies. “